I was wrong guessing the Open workout. As always. That’s why I’m not in the game of prediction!
Notes on 17.5
– Wear shoes that allow you to jump rope comfortably.
– Have your most comfortable jump rope handy. Practice picking it up and putting it down nicely for fast transitions.
– Stretch your shoulders for the overhead position (Did yesterday’s WOD? Use that warmup series!)
– Pace the beginning. If you need to break your sets, break your sets. Don’t go into overdrive too soon or you’ll regret it…
– … Unless you’re a performance athlete in which case your goal is unbroken. Stay consistent and composed.
– Remember what RPM Fitness says: “Don’t double under angry“. #StayComposed
– Make sure you get some carbs in and digested before your workout!
– Make sure you get some protein and carbs in as soon as you’re able to post-workout!
– Now that we have five weeks of Open competition under our belts, hopefully you have a new list of things to work on. We’ll have some meetings to see how we can help you reach these new goals.
– You guys have done a fantastic job this year. So many improvements. So many steps into uncharted territory. So many wins. I speak for all of the FCF Team when I say we’re very proud of all of you who’ve been putting in the work. Keep this up and let’s see where it leads.
– Go forth and kill it!